Perhaps a handle to my OTA

Hello,

Today, while winding down, I realised that the OTA is very slippery(because of dew) and hence difficult to dismount the OTA. I thought that, perhaps I needed a second handle. I have a C8N and need some advice on how I can go about with this. Any suggestions will be much appreciated.

Regards,

Prasad

You can get them here...

http://www.firstlightoptics.com/proddetail.php?prod=swdovetails

£10, £15 OR £20 depending on the size you need!

Yup 8) It'll be up to £20 for a new dovetail or £5-£20(ish) for a drawer handle from a DIY store type thing if you can't find something second hand.

What price grip eh? :lol:

You can never have too many dovetail bars :lol:

It's a little like the age old question...

How many dovetails must a man own? Clearly the answer is 42..

But the most I've had any any given time was 5. 2 large , 1 medium, 1 small and a EQ3 dovetail (completely different to those in the picture).

Ant

Sorry prasadka, we seem to have wandered slightly off topic.

I personally think you could do a lot worse than investing in a second dovetail bar. They are always handy to have, and you could mount a rdf on top of a camera for piggy back work.

Ant

Poetry anyone :D

Neh;

My poems aint much good

My brain is made of wood

Tonight I had too much to drink

And now it don't work good

Was drinkin with a lass

The drink was in a glass

Just one thing I am good for now

is sittin on my #ss

But she (the wife) passed out HOURS ago :lol:

Sorry f'the highjack Pras :D

As others have done I just put a second dovetail on the OTA on the opposite side to the first. Nice and easy to carry my C10N that way - so easy that at Salisbury/SGL 3.5 Darren (stargazer1980) was able to lift the OTA over his head and use it as a weight training device... :shock:

James

Prasad, why don't you save a bit of money and trawl round the Charity shops where you live. Try and find some leather belts that oversized gents would hold up there trousers with. Put one each around your OTA behind your existing dovetail, and the other connecting them together to form a handle. Not very elegant, but very inexpensive.

Ron. :D

Archived