Starting on the Jellyfish.

ollypenrice

This doesn't rise too early so we had to wait a bit and then it clouded at around 3.00am. However this has four hours of Ha at F3.9 in the FSQ85 and Atik 4000 mono. Same again would be nice! In fact a bit of high res in the TEC is probably the way forward with this. I love the object, I must say. Its a SN remnant of uncertain age, probably 30,000 to 300,000 years old and the result of a type two SN. It's about 70 LY across.

Processing was easy apart from those two stars. They had a lot of layering to divest them of haloes. I hope I can control them in the colour layer...

Olly

IC443%20JELLYFISH%20Ha-XL.jpg

Very nice Olly, especially the framing and (as you say) the taming of the brighter stars...

Can I inquire to the sub lengths please...?

Damian

15 minutes, Damian. Sorry, I should have included that. I'd proably go for longer another time but I'd need new darks and 30 min darks take up a bit of time. The other ongoing project involves probably the faintest Ha to be had (or not had!) anywhere in the sky so I must get those long darks done.

Olly

"The other ongoing project involves probably the faintest Ha to be had"

oh oh oh, you've done Seimis 147 and the soap bubble, so whats next?

Lovely jellyfish by the way

Oh no, much much fainter than SImeis 147. So faint that it was first photographed only very recently by an amateur in Europe... :icon_jokercolor:

Olly

Archived