Banner.jpg.b83b14cd4142fe10848741bb2a14c66b.jpg

SGL calanders

iamzoso60

We've done a calendar every year since we started SGL, but generally interest in things dies off as soon as money is involved. So we haven't done one this year.

This time last year we had around 15,000 members and we sold just over 200 calendars... And that included the multiple copies I bought and the other admin, I suspect that only about 100 were sold to non mod/admin.

The time involved in creating the calendar is huge, firstly you have to go through the mages and select about 40 images to use, then contact all the imagers/sketcher for permission and to request the hi-res file. The calendars have to be laid out for the printing draft. Before that you also have to work out the moon phases and other details you want to include, then write the words for each month.

Once the proof arrives they have to be sent to the imagers to check all the detail is right, then they have to be packed and posted out. (Then of course deal with the few that don't arrive).

i reckon last years took me somewhere between 25-40 hours to do my bit, Grant spent a lot of time on it as well.

I just cannot justify all those evenings sitting at a screen for so little interest.

Cheers

Ant

Archived