Banner.jpg.b83b14cd4142fe10848741bb2a14c66b.jpg

My Second attempt at Vega

So this is a little better, It was Vega for 1 second at ISO 200, probably still overexposed and not quite in focus but getting there I think.

That's really good John.

What did you use to extract the spectrum curve from your images I wonder? .. it's quite detailed.

You are definitely getting there John. I think its simply getting the focus spot on as I seem to remember having similar images when I started out. It helps to see others uncalibrated Vega profiles to see what you are aiming for. I was sick to death of imaging Vega until I started getting something like :smiley:

Regards

Steve

You are definitely getting there John. I think its simply getting the focus spot on as I seem to remember having similar images when I started out. It helps to see others uncalibrated Vega profiles to see what you are aiming for. I was sick to death of imaging Vega until I started getting something like :smiley:

Regards

Steve

Indeed do you have any ?

John B

I did this uncalibrated one of Vega some time ago with a DMK video camera. The general shape is ok but the peaks and troughs would come out better with a camera having better resolution.

http://i535.photobucket.com/albums/ee357/585262/Vegaprofile-1.jpg (hope it links ok!)

The software I use lately is Basic Astronomical Spectrosopy Software, `BASS` and the author John has done a great job and provides it free of charge through his Yahoo group `Astrobodger`. John has some excellent profiles from shots using a QHY5 camera such as yours.

Steve

Archived