Hi from North Yorks & Cumbria

nephilim

• Replies 34
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Welcome the SGL all the way from Bulgaria. It may be a first, telescope on top of Scarfell Pike, good place for a star party.

Alan.

Haha, my other obsession is hiking in the mountains, top of scafell would certainly be a good observing point (except for the 60mph+ gusts.lol) but I think we'd need a "community helicopter" to haul the kit up for a star party :smiley: Ennerdale is a 'Milky way' grade dark sky site nearby-ish and will be my first port of call if the poxy cloud ever breaks :lipsrsealed:

Been following this forum since I bought my first scope (Starwatcher 130m EQ2) a month ago and seems some good advice is given here which is much needed for myself, I'm lucky enough to live in North Yorkshire (for work) with not so unpolluted skies & Cumbria with excellent dark skies. I look forward to gleaning some good advice and hopefully one day giving some!

Although I do 'watch' the stars with my scope (well, I will if the cloud ever gives up!!) mine is a 'Sky-Watcher' not a 'Star-Watcher' haha, first newbie mistake.. :tongue:

Archived