Banner.jpg.b83b14cd4142fe10848741bb2a14c66b.jpg

Decent Jupiter Nov 5-6

Atlas

Its nice and smooth. Though detail is a bit subdued. What scope did you use was it the Orion ?

Yes I used the Orion scope. The detail is subdued to the fog and gain settings. The detail is there, I just couldn't pull it out like I wanted since it would have looked over processed, And I was trying to keep the noise down.

Yes I used the Orion scope. The detail is subdued to the fog and gain settings. The detail is there, I just couldn't pull it out like I wanted since it would have looked over processed, And I was trying to keep the noise down.

Ah ok, as stuart has said you are making improvements. The real test will be when you get good seeing. Things should improve even further then. what focal length was you at do you remember ?

Ah ok, as stuart has said you are making improvements. The real test will be when you get good seeing. Things should improve even further then. what focal length was you at do you remember ?

Not really sure Neil. I only know It was taken at 1920x1080 res. Used the powermate x5 with a 3x digital zoom. I do know the camera sensor sits 55mm deep in the camera body from the end of the T-adapter. I never did the full math for F/L.

I would like to shoot in 640 res, but too get the scale I need...I would have to stack the 5x powermate and the 3x Barlow....but it kills the light available for the camera forcing me to run above 1600 iso. I would rather use the 3x digtal zoom and be able to use 800 iso so I can have adjustment in the gain settings.

Archived