Banner.jpg.b89429c566825f6ab32bcafbada449c9.jpg

what a great night

sam mayo

What a great night the moon looks so beautiful just rising.makes me really appreciate to be alive.on the other hand it just shows how insignficant were all really are which is inspiring in itsself.not usually so philosophical ,how people don't even give our neighbouring beauty a glance is disturbing .

Just got in now, what a great night stuck at it and let the low flying smoke and numerous rockets and bangers do their thing then perfect cold, clear, windless night.shame I've got work at 6am or would still be out now.moon hadn't risen by the time I got in and Orion was just coming in above the horizon in the west, winter skies are just amazing and months of them to look forward to. Considering I have a north facing garden and can see only about 20 percent of the sky it was pretty good...4 new Messieurs for me m31&32 ( I know andromeda is huge but I've just always struggled to find it,not sure why really) m52 and m29 the cooling tower which so far is probably the most underwhelming Messier object to date, had to sketch it and double check when I got inside. Never mind perhaps its better from darker skies with higher magnification, didn't take my 31mm aspheric out all night. Just feel like I've had my first real winter session of the year and really looking forward to the next one.

Archived