Banner.jpg.b89429c566825f6ab32bcafbada449c9.jpg

dsi pro II first ligh M27

mutleyeng

Hi all,

First night in ages had any chance to give the dsi pro II a whirl.

Was all a bit of a rush, and power was low, lots of dew, scope being un co-operative. Did want to try C27, but the curse of the fork mount prevented any chance of that, as i discovered after the dsi had clattered into the forks.

So M27 it was.

very quick focus, about 25 x 15 second subs. Scope 8" lx200gps, f3.3.

Very little processing...i cant be bothered with much more than an quick stretch, unsharpen mask...tiny bit of false colour.

The final image perhaps dosnt really show mush better results that my mk1 pro, but was obvious during capture that the pro II is indeed somewhat more sensative.

1571_large.jpeg

Nothing to complain about there Mutley. That's a great looking picture of M27. Did you image through filters, or just a mono shot?.

Also, are you on a wedge, or Alt. Az.? I would guess the latter since your image is of multiple subs.

It is good result from a 6 min. shot.

Ron. :lol:

hey up,

yep just good 'ol alt-az. just an IR and skyglow filter... havnt got around to RGB yet... i kinda like mono anyways. i just add a hint of colour using that well known imagers processing program "microsoft picture manager"

The pro II suits me much better though, was worth the cost not to have to take any darks each time you want to pop out at capture an image. Id taken darks a few nights ago, managed to get a few temperature ranges. tonight the software picked the most appropriate of them, and seemed to work quite well.

might try with the refractor tomorrow, weather is looking promising for once...better get that power pack on charge.

cheers

tim

Nice first light Tim , camera looks to deliver ok,good detail in the dumbell, just need to sort out the rotation a bit and you are away .

Rog :lol:

hey up,

you think my wierd stars is roatation?

I was thinking it might be not having got focal reducer spacing right. they seem to be far worse above and to left of target. Still, might be a bit of both, rotation and coma from reducer perhaps.

well, thats both the longest exposure ive mananged, and the most number of subs ive ever done.

Of course i have to remember my refractor has half the aperture of the lx200.... but, i guess i was hoping it would better bring out some detail of the bubbling clouds.

i should have been brave and tried for 1 minute exposures... but i havnt got on to drift align yet, so would have been amazed if i would get away with that.

M27 looks great with the SCT and the background is spot on with the refractor. Get the best of both and you're laughing. You've got a mass of detail with the first shot off a tiny amount of exposure. Sort the reducer and looks like you are onto a winner. Certainly proves how sensitive the new camera is

lol, yeah, if only i could cut n paste huh.

the meade reducer is a real bummer, causes no end of problems as the spacing is so critical. I suspect he sct has some mis alignment somewhere too.

I think i may just shorten distance from reducer to chip...will give me less reduction, but i think the coma wont be so obvious. Im not gong to ever put the sct on a wedge, so will always be limited on that.

The heq5 and refractor worked well, and is clearly the route for better imaging. I may think about the W.O reducer to give me a faster imager.

and am now thinking about guide scopes.

The pro II seems so far to be a very useable little camera...i wouldnt pay 500 quid for it, but im very pleased with what ive got for the secondhand price.

cheers

tim

Archived