Banner.jpg.b83b14cd4142fe10848741bb2a14c66b.jpg

Forum Tidyup

You will have to give me a clue, where did you put the news feeds? :laugh:

We no longer have this section - all of the news came from either Yahoo Space News, BBC Space News or NASA so people can always get the news direct from those sources. The news section was resource heavy and generated lots of topics everyday that were filling up peoples unread posts...

I like the way the forum has been organised now, but if I'm been picky, the physical layout now seems wrong to me.

It seems very 'left side heavy' and too spaced out. I'm struggling to put into words what I mean!

When I first opened the homepage I thought my browser or computer was throwing a wobbler.

Perhaps if the title and description of each section was on the left, and the number of topics/replies was on the right. To condense things slightly?

Hmm... it sounds like your browser could be displaying SGL incorrectly - if you are using Internet Explorer, please make sure compatability mode isn't turned on...

• Replies 29
  • Created
  • Last Reply

We no longer have this section - all of the news came from either Yahoo Space News, BBC Space News or NASA so people can always get the news direct from those sources. The news section was resource heavy and generated lots of topics everyday that were filling up peoples unread posts...

A lot of browsers & e-mail clients have facilities to get posts automatically from these kind of sources via RSS feeds, so if folks still want to get them, that could be a route to take. For example the Yahoo Space News feed is: Yahoo Space News.

Hmm... it sounds like your browser could be displaying SGL incorrectly - if you are using Internet Explorer, please make sure compatability mode isn't turned on...

Aha! Delete my post, the forum is perfect! Thank you.

I like the way the forum has been organised now, but if I'm been picky, the physical layout now seems wrong to me.

It seems very 'left side heavy' and too spaced out. I'm struggling to put into words what I mean!

When I first opened the homepage I thought my browser or computer was throwing a wobbler.

Perhaps if the title and description of each section was on the left, and the number of topics/replies was on the right. To condense things slightly?

Could you take screen grab of what you see... check what Grant suggested first and then post a grab for us?

Cheers

Ant

Archived