NLCbanner2024.jpg.2478be509670e60c2d6efd04834b8b47.jpg

Very first effort....

Whippy

That has some part in focus anyway. Not the most ideal of situations, not great seeing, Moon low down and taken with my WOZS110 on top of an AZ3 that wobbled a LOT (not trying that again in a hurry! Way too much weight), a Celestron Zoom EP with an 'F' adapter clamped to it and a Canon Powershot A610 on the other end. Faffed about in Photoshop, mainly saturation. Not quite Damian Peach but it's a start...

Tony..

Yeah it was far from ideal. The mount only just takes the scope and sticking a camera on the end meant that I had to put my finger on the lens end of the scope to keep it balanced. Also I realised that the F adapter I picked up only fits the zoom lens properly, my other (better) EP's are either too big or too small.

Thanks for the compliment though John :lol:. Will do better next time!

Tony..

Well yes, John :D. DSLR's are out of the question ATM unfortunately so while I'm getting the basics together, this'll do...

I've got better plans in the pipeline by connecting directly on my Hyperion eyepieces (providing I can get hold of the correct adapter). Also I think it may would have got better results if I had used my 'proper' mount and using the timer so I could stand back and let it get on with it!

Still, there's always next time (not tonight by the looks of it though :lol:).

Tony..

You can buy an adapter so I would able to use the 52mm threaded ring that goes on my camera and screw it into the 'SP54' thread on the Hyperion.

This is what I'm talking about here: http://tinyurl.com/26jwkz . About 3/4 of the way down, # HDT54/52 Hyperion Digital T-Ring, 52mm. That should do the trick.

Tony..

I see what you mean. I was going to offer to make it for you - but as its a narrow ring with close threads - probably better to buy the ready made one :lol:

John

Thanks for the offer John, I appreciate you thinking about it anyway :D.

Tony..

That's a great first effort Tony. The exposure looks good - you've not burn't out the highlights (which is the hard bit). I think the image could stand a bit more sharpening and contrast enhancement

Archived