Banner.jpg.b83b14cd4142fe10848741bb2a14c66b.jpg

M27 - 350D - 2X APO Barlow

jcm

I decided to have another go using the 2X APO barlow. I had made an adapter to bring the 350D sensor closer to the barlow by removing the lens barrel , this gave a bit less magnification and hopefully a better image. ( make your own judgement below)

Also I wanted to see if the F5 guidescope would accurately guide when the main scope was operating at F12.

130mm APO at F12 , 12 X 4mins , 800 ISO.

I think the end result turned out pretty good.

John

PS had a go at reducing the red fringing round the stars - um not much better so removed

post-13061-133877331945_thumb.jpg

For some reason, I am not getting access to an enlarged version of your image - -is there a problem with the board?

Edited.... Now it is working OK. Nice images although there does appear to be some red colour fringing on the brighter stars which may be caused by the Barlow. I am being critical here though as I believe that is what you are looking for but the image itself in very nice with good colours - I like it!

Turned out well that one John , first class stuff mate , bet you pleased with that .

Rog :lol:

Yep , I certainly am. Not sure why closing the sensor to barlow distance made this image so much better than my earlier attempts? ( appart from less magnification - made image clearer?)

John

For some reason, I am not getting access to an enlarged version of your image - -is there a problem with the board?

Edited.... Now it is working OK. Nice images although there does appear to be some red colour fringing on the brighter stars which may be caused by the Barlow. I am being critical here though as I believe that is what you are looking for but the image itself in very nice with good colours - I like it!

I noticed this - it was very hazy , moonlight etc. not sure if this was the reason.

I wonder if its possible to reduce the red fringing in PhotoShop?

John

The result shows that the set-up worked very well John, and there's was certainly no problem with the guiding.

Nice result!!.

Dave

I was a bit unsure if an F5 guide scope would guide an F12 refractor , but it seems fine.

John

Archived