Banner.jpg.b89429c566825f6ab32bcafbada449c9.jpg

power weight for ioptron 30

rowan46

TS are I think the main source for iOptron, I suspect that Altair Get the bits from them.

The only power weight is this one:

http://www.teleskop-express.de/shop/product_info.php/info/p5440_iOptron-PowerWeight-Batteriepack-fuer-die-Gegengewichtsstange.html

Says it does various mounts but does not specify the i30.

Would have though that iOptron used the same diameter shaft and if the mounts are all 12v then I would think it would do the job. Seems like a pretty good idea.

• 4 months later...

I talk to support at iOptron and they say the shaft hole is 28mm, but there is an adapter for 20mm shaft (minitower)

They pointed me to order the mini tower battery which is in fact the power weight plus the adapter for 20mm.

So I can use it on my EQ-5...yay

• 3 years later...

Just ordered mine 5 days ago from ioptron! I think I may be able to loose the counterweight extention bar and use the 10 lb cw up high and the 7 lb powerweight wherever it balances on the stock shaft.

Archived