NLCbanner2024.jpg.2478be509670e60c2d6efd04834b8b47.jpg

M42 - Yes another but my first where I've not blown the core....

johnb

Hi

So this is 30 mins of 1 minute exposures (no darks or Flats) really happy with it, guess now I need some longer exposures to get more detail

Thanks for looking and feedback always appreciated.

Regards

John B

post-4419-0-12451500-1350325992_thumb.jp

Thanks, had a quick read and it looks like an excellent tutorial from reading I basically need two images a short exposure one and a long one so can i have say 30 x 15 secs for the short and then say 2 or 3 hours of 300 secs for the long one ?, last question I have searched for Picture Window and am struggling to find it ?

regards

John B

Thanks, had a quick read and it looks like an excellent tutorial from reading I basically need two images a short exposure one and a long one so can i have say 30 x 15 secs for the short and then say 2 or 3 hours of 300 secs for the long one ?, last question I have searched for Picture Window and am struggling to find it ?

regards

John B

Try Window, Arrange, New window for... (The tutorial refers to older Photoshops.)

Yes, you have the principle. You have not blown the core and have reached a fair way out from the Trapezium so you can go for the faint stuff now in longer subs. I used three exposure lengths but I think you'll be OK with two.

Olly

Archived