Banner.jpg.b89429c566825f6ab32bcafbada449c9.jpg

Deep sky stacker problem

• Replies 27
  • Created
  • Last Reply

The only times I've seen that before is when the version of DSS doesn't support the raw image files from the dSLR in question. What version of DSS are you running ? Based on the camera in your sig (Canon 450d), it would have to be a very old one to not handle the raw's, I used the same camera and haven't seen that issue.

something funny going on, the jpegs are all ok, full picture, if i load the raws into deep sky stacker and look at them individually then only the first quarter of the image is present? (as the sample image i posted) i converted a raw image to a Tiff and it goes full image again? but i ideally want to stack the raw images in deep sky stacker.

• 9 months later...

Hope someone can help? spent over 2 hours imaging the viel nebula last night, but when i put the images thorugh deep sky stacker the final image only has about of quarter of the image the rest is missing anyone got any ideas? i have attached the image.

Hi Astroblagger sorry to pick up this thread months later but I seem to be having the same issue with a modded Canon 1100D have completed everything the guys in the post told you to do but still with a Beta version of DSS i'm still getting that quarter image. Did you get it sorted in the end if so what did you do

Hope you pick this up

Cheers

Allan

Archived