aaarrrrgggghhhhhhhhhh !!!!!!!

kirkster501

Been nice all day. Nice tonight. Just polar and drift aligned and got everything set up perfect for a few hours imaging and observing. And now? Cloud horizon to horizon rolled in!!!!!

So left kit outside watching x-factor waiting (hoping) for it to clear.....

Steve

So left kit outside watching x-factor waiting (hoping) for it to clear.....
You're a very thoughtful person - giving your telescope something to watch while waiting for the clouds to clear. I hope you left it the remote control, too. :laugh:

You're a very thoughtful person - giving your telescope something to watch while waiting for the clouds to clear. I hope you left it the remote control, too. :laugh:

Its the missus who has it on telly mate, honest !!! :-)

I have packed up... Looks like cloud until the small hours - I can't wait up that long. Oh well, perhaps it'll be clear tomorrow.... (but it probably won't be.....)

Same here, out at 9:30pm had a good nosey at M31 and M13, managed a look at the low, large, orange moon and that's it. Clouds abound!

Packed up, brew on, sitting here. Wounder!

Scott :D

Looked outside window around 8pm, patchy cloud so didn't think it worth setting up. By 9pm it had cleared so I lugged out the EQ6 et al, and it's been clear since. While my previous goal was to get some additional data on the Veil, I couldn't resist trying out a new CLS-CCD filter on Andromeda instead... Also had vague attempt at looking for the comet somewhere in Pegasus, should review the shots some time... I didn't leave the kit out to cool early enough and haven't checked for focus shift... doh!

dew was horrendous tonight,paired with large dollops of cloud not much done,although i managed uranus for the first time which was a bonus.

( why does the last part of that sentence seem soo wrong,and make me giggle , childish) :biggrin:

The cloud bank moved over and I'm now doing subs, although it is not as near as clear as it was before the cloud bank arrived. Anyway, still worth a try with some imaging, although the moon is starting to come up and illuminate some higher level cloud. If I make it until midnight I'll be happy (800 sec Ha at NGC7000 in Warrington - Orange Country!).

At least we can use this opportunity to see which weather forecasts are right and which aren't. Meteoblue are wrong (saying it's completely clear), and BBC is nearly right. It's completely cloudy, not partially.

According to BBC, if I stay up until 3am, there will be some clear skies.... I could see Jupiter I suppose :angel:.

Yeah, my iPad weather thing said clear after 8pm so I moved my stuff to the back door in anticipation, but come 8pm it was patchy cloud, and it just seemed to get worse after that. Charged my batteries and everything! I looked out about 1am and it was clear, but I was already in 'going to bed' mode by then. Looked like there was a good dew last night anyway, if my car was anything to go by.

Archived