Banner.jpg.b83b14cd4142fe10848741bb2a14c66b.jpg

Hubble version IC1848 Soul Nebula - Atik 460EX

Martin-Devon

Time for me to move on from this target, it's consumed most of my imaging time the last few weeks, but pleasingly it's allowed me to cut my teeth on the new Atik 460EX CCD. I needed SII data to complete the Hubble palette version so set up at 8.00pm last night - by 3.00am this morning I had managed to scrape together just 10 subs, most of the time my set-up was under clouds, such is the lousy weather at the moment in the SW of the UK. So, with 9 x 10 min HA, 9 x 10 min OIII and 10 x 10 min SII, all 1x bin, -15 degrees, all one frame (so this is not a mosaic), I finally got the data needed to complete this Hubble image.

Hubbled? More like knobbled ....!

Thanks for looking though,

Martin

8054539575_09b885b7d3_b.jpg

You've got the makings of a very nice image there Martin.

Perhaps try to ease up a little as you process your files, everything looks a little overcooked, the saturation, the smoothing and the stretching.

It can be helpful to have a pro version picture of the target you are working on open in your graphics program and try to emulate the results they achieve there, with as little messing about with the data as possible.

At any rate, the 460 looks to be a very useful camera with nice fov in your setup. I have its smaller stablemate the 428ex and am continually impressed with the results.

Cheers

Tim

Hey, great work from the new camera. I'm on an 'orrible little netbook but maybe a slightly softer touch on the loud pedals, as above? However, this is a big step up, surely. I love the inner and outer nebulae contrasts.

Olly

Archived