Banner.jpg.b83b14cd4142fe10848741bb2a14c66b.jpg

180 pro with dslr from tonight

nightfisher

God this scope has lunar potential! these 2 image`s taken with un cooled 180 and Olympus pen dslr just thrown outside on the AZ4......yes AZ4 mount, not sure but looks like i might have shot the lunar x, no processing, straight out of the camera, i just wanted to try out the new Revalation crayford focuser, very nice. I just want to point out that i know the focus is way of with these shots, it was just a very quick grab and shoot as i should have been asleep an hour before taking these.........the next ones will be much better :grin:

post-8850-0-68311100-1349211145_thumb.jp

post-8850-0-13138700-1349211181_thumb.jp

Very nice. With cool down you will have an unbeatable combination.

Are the shots afocal? Focus is a little soft but that might be down to the thermals.

You've definitely got a talent there.

Sent from my GT-I9001 using Tapatalk 2

Cheers for the kind comments.

Yes Rik focus is a long way of, this was a just a lightning quick couple of shots and i did not have my reading glass`s on, they help with live view!, but focus WILL get a LOT better, plus my DMK21 is on its way

MAK180Pro and DMK21 should be a killer combo for lunar images :)

Thats the plan Rik, to be honest lunar imaging is my main interest.

Buzzbomb: thank you for the very kind comment, no not afocal but prime focus (poor focus) though i do lunar afocal from time to time

Hi there,

I had on of these MAK 180 some time ago, I miss it, it was a superb telescope, exceptional on lunar, planetary and double star observation, it has the best star test I ever seen, killer setup with a binoviewr combo, and got even better after i've rotaded the meniscus lens, it was off by 45º if I remember correctly.

I've used it a good deal on luna and some planets, here goes some of my results, from page 6 to the last:

http://www.flickr.com/photos/37419943@N08/page6/

greets,

Luís

Luis my friend, your image`s are just superb, i will be trying a red filter with the mono dmk, really looking forward to getting up and running with this set up, i have owned the 180 pro for over a year now and made a few small mods to it, i think it will prove to be an excellent tool for lunar work

It will be interesting to see lunar images off a DSLR with the scope. Its not my bag really but would be curious.

Mines been pgunned with a Moonlite but I only do obs with it - the scopes a real crowd pleaser when it targets the moon or planets.

It will be interesting to see lunar images off a DSLR with the scope. Its not my bag really but would be curious.

Mines been pgunned with a Moonlite but I only do obs with it - the scopes a real crowd pleaser when it targets the moon or planets.

I will do some more dslr work with this scope plus my A-focal, but i plan on concentrating on lunar with the dmk

Archived