Purchased :-)

Well after a awful lot of deliberation and reading I bought the new scope today :-) after a lot of help on the forums suggesting 200p skywatcher I had to go with the 150p due to the small matter of money. I could have waited but something in my house would have eaten in to the funds further livig with a wife and having two daughters lol. So I had to bank what I ha and take the plunge, after seeing second hand ones hold there price my thinking is get this then move up and sell if necessary only taking a small hot on the cash. So hoping for some clear nights soon to start using the new beast. Many thanks to all that commented and helped me with the process. :-)

Mike

Well after two hours it's assembled and acclimatising in the garden :grin: all went well just need to learn how to polar align once the stars show. Looks like a decent moon in the sky to and if the weatherman is correct I should have a good few hours of clear skies to test it out. Already looks a decent piece of kit stood proudly in the garden. My wife thinks I'm nuts!!!

For visual observing you won't need to polar align too critically. Set the north leg of the tripod pointing north (obvious really :rolleyes: ) and get Polaris in the centre of the the eyepiece using the altitude and azimuth bolts. That will get you close enough to keep your target in view by adjusting the Right Ascension slow motion control. As this isn't spot on polar aligned you will occasionally have to tweak the Declination slow motion control to keep on target.

Just a reminder you have aligned the finder scope while it is still light, haven't you?

Good luck, enjoy and let us all know how you get on.

Archived