Banner.jpg.b83b14cd4142fe10848741bb2a14c66b.jpg

Cloud and Drizzle made me go Planetary!

AndrewG

I had just got star aligned and ready to have another go at photographing M13 at around midnight when the cloud rolled in :mad: ahh!

As jupiter was in a fairly clear sky I decided to dig out an Opticstar video camera I got free with my scope and give it a go, although I may not have had good enough focus and Jupiter was not ideally placed I am more than pleased with the result :smiley: .

Next time Jupiter is in a better location I think I will go again but may use a 2xBarlow to get more detail?

post-17770-0-30457800-1348921878_thumb.j

Yep, that'll do fine. Loving the Middle Earth forecasts....."clearsky tonight", neat,

Nick.

We had cloud around last night which finally covered the sky at 11.00 ish so didn't manage a lot :huh: ; hope you had better weather in middle earth!

I think that Jupiter could use a little less Gain and lot more frames. Better thena barlow would be eyepiece projection, I got a wonderful first timer image of jupiter using a 20mm plossl for projection.

Thanks Astrosathya for the advice; I had another go with more frames (much more frames) and as such Registax would not import the image :confused: . Had to cut it down by circa 75% to get it to load.. have attached the result.

Jupiter & Moons

Archived