Banner.jpg.b83b14cd4142fe10848741bb2a14c66b.jpg

Andromeda umteenth stab

I tried my hand at Andromeda again last night and i have managed to get some decent 300 sec subs, stacked with DSS with darks and flats.

Despite my best attempts at porocessing i can't seem to bring out the Blue stars that i see in other images.

using the link could someone have a go at the Tiff file and show me what can be dragged from the raw image, it would really help if i knew that the data is there for the taking.

Need a bit of encouragment to keep on trying this target!!

21x 300sec subs

20 darks

15 flat frames

https://www.dropbox.com/s/ajoi4dfyetxjdjm/Copy%20of%20Andromeda%2021st%20Sept%20stacked.TIF

post-1155-0-46210400-1348344746_thumb.jp

I didn't know what to expect myself to be honest, i see images of Andromeda that appear to be way better than mine and i wondered why, i guess it must be down to the amount of data and how it is gathered.

I am pleased that i appear to getting all or most of whats in my image and that what i wanted to know; i.e. am i processing as well as i can with this stack.

So thanks to all for have a shot i has helped me

Ray

I didn't know what to expect myself to be honest, i see images of Andromeda that appear to be way better than mine and i wondered why, i guess it must be down to the amount of data and how it is gathered.

I am pleased that i appear to getting all or most of whats in my image and that what i wanted to know; i.e. am i processing as well as i can with this stack.

Ray

Hi Ray,

I think you can see with the examples above that you've got an excellent image, and I agree with CW in that there's not a lot wrong, and we all

have our own preferences with the final result.

I've attached my own attempt, which shows how much data you have captured.

M31 is a difficult image to process because of the huge range of brightness. Two exposures, one for the core, and one for the star forming regions

(which you have already got), can be blended together to form a more complete image, but I like what you have done so far.

You can never capture too much quality data, so well done with your effort so far.

Archived