NLCbanner2024.jpg.2478be509670e60c2d6efd04834b8b47.jpg

Oh Boy!! - NGC6888

DMouse

Well, guys and gals here is another mono narrowband image. Don't worry, filter wheel is on the way wink.png Anyway, tried pushing the TEC in the camera to -20C last night, and it held up ok. With the cooler evenings coming now, I expect cooler temps to be the norm. So here is last nights prime target, NGC6888, the Crescent Nebula in Cygnus.

Guiding was working very well, and the collimation of the Newt is about the best I have had it in a long time. I used the Baarder 7nm Ha filter, the only narrowband I have for now.

15 x 5min Lights

20x Flats

Guiding with QHY5 on finderscope with Phd

Aquisition by Nebulosity V3

BIAS and Darks from Library, Darks were only at -15C, but seemed ok.

All processed in Pixinsight

I must admit, the first time I saw my first light frame of this I new it was gonna be a good one. Nearly fell of my seat when I saw the initial stacked image wink.png. The final image is full frame!

Clear Skies

Paul

post-18204-0-26612700-1347815081_thumb.j

Cracking shot. No wonder you're happy!

Yes, I too would like to know what camera you have. You mention cooling. I have simiilar kit to you but could only get the brightest part of the nebula with my modded Canon DSLR. Maybe I need an H alpha filter!

Alexxx

Archived