NLCbanner2024.jpg.2478be509670e60c2d6efd04834b8b47.jpg

A lucky shot.

Cloengaa

So had decided to go to a dark site tonight and shot some photos....got everything set up at site and then realized I had forgotten the laptop. It is damn hard to focus on anything using liveview on your camera when you can not zoom with it.

SO just played around.....THe dark site is awesome, could see soooo much detail in the Milkyway.

SO here is a shot, 2 galaxies I think in the northwestern sky. No idea which they are.

post-11642-0-92410100-1347750875_thumb.j

But at least I know next time to bring the laptop because this place is one huuuuge open field and really dark.

Actually thanks guys I remember now, I think I took those as the first shots and yes was at M81 and M82.

Danielle thanks soooo much for that info, I learned a new cool feature about my camera now and yes it zooms 5x and 10x.

My body is sooooo busted today from looking through the 5x90. But was worth it, because it is soo amazing when you get to a dark spot.

Olly I bet you live at a dark site huh you lucky man.

Hehe DIpper yeah I couldnt bother polaralign at 2300 last night so just did a 3 star align.

So could not do to long exposures.

Gina thanks, I have seen some of your footage and they look very good. A little sad you dont have the webcam on the observatory anymore though. I liked to watch your goats hehe

Archived