NLCbanner2024.jpg.2478be509670e60c2d6efd04834b8b47.jpg

North American Nebula

stan26

This will be my final effort at NGC7000 for 2012. This is the first target in the bag with my modded 1000D, and I'm very happy with how responsive it is to the red stuff. My initial edit of this on my laptop was a complete fail. In the past I used a calibrated PC monitor which whilst not perfect done the job, but on a laptop screen its a complete joke. I found an extra 30mins of data on my SD card which I took during a long testing session after modding the 1000D so I added this into the DSS stack and reprocessed it with an old monitor plugged into the laptop.

Total exposure time 79 minutes made up of 1 min subs guided on the EQ3-2 using the canon 200mm prime lens.

Not sure how it looks colour/contrast wise.....?

Stan :smiley:

7977384149_f2f5113cb0_b.jpg

NGC7000 North American Nebula by James stannard, on Flickr

Hey James that L-glass of yours is even more lethal with a modded Canon behind it:) Plenty of reds coming through and I also like those peircing blue stars showing there very neat little diffraction spikes your lens produces, I think the colour looks just right in my opinion, really excellant result mate:)

Archived