NLCbanner2024.jpg.2478be509670e60c2d6efd04834b8b47.jpg

Cheap binoculars £50 or less

I tried to buy some Revelation 15 x 70 from RVO at £55 yesterday eve, but they contacted me to say they're out of stock. I went for the Celestron Skymaster 15 x 70 instead at £64. Still a good deal, I think.

You'll have noticed after a week of sun and clearish skies, it's been cloudy since I sent the payment.

Sorry everybody.

I was going to be extra careful when I unpacked the, not to let the clouds out but it looks like they were released in despatch.

I tried to buy some Revelation 15 x 70 from RVO at £55 yesterday eve, but they contacted me to say they're out of stock. I went for the Celestron Skymaster 15 x 70 instead at £64. Still a good deal, I think.

You'll have noticed after a week of sun and clearish skies, it's been cloudy since I sent the payment.

Sorry everybody.

I was going to be extra careful when I unpacked the, not to let the clouds out but it looks like they were released in despatch.

I have bought a set of Meade 10x50 bins from Telescope House for £39.00 and I think they are great. They have BAK 4 prisms which I think for the price is excellent. Or for £1 more they come as a set with red torch, book by Sir Patrick and also a planisphere. Cant say fairer than that.

Cheers guys

Sent from my GT-I9300 using Tapatalk 2

I was looking for similar advice not so many weeks ago, with a very similar budget. In the end following various recommendations I saved for a while longer and stretched to a pair of Strathspey 10x50 Marines (http://www.strathspey.co.uk/). They are over budget at £84.99, but I'm very pleased with mine; they saw first light on a camping trip recently.

A lot of people do appear to rate the Meade 10x50's previously mentioned too if you want to be strict with your budget.

Sorry everybody.

I've also got the Celestron Skymaster 15x70, £61.15 from Amazon, and they're brilliant. Mine also arrived cloud free surprisingly!

I have bought a set of Meade 10x50 bins from Telescope House for £39.00 and I think they are great. They have BAK 4 prisms which I think for the price is excellent. Or for £1 more they come as a set with red torch, book by Sir Patrick and also a planisphere. Cant say fairer than that.

I also got these and am happy as larry with them.

I think my Skymasters may have arrived cloud free too thanks to the courier DPD who obviously though GLASS HANDLE WITH CARE meant the exact opposite. See the pic for the state the box arrived in. Total idiot of a driver - "it's not my fault, nothing to do with me". I suspect it may have something to do with him in the next day or two thanks to trackable consignment numbers.

Rother Valley Optics were great about it. They had packed them well inside despite the worst efforts by the tossers from DPD. They refunded the delivery costs and if there's any probs will take them back. DPD's customer services were also very responsive to a tweet I posted about it and contacted me to apologise and make good.

Good to see such good customer service, despite the actions of some of their employees.

Was clear driving home this evening so perhaps a first light report later.post-22459-134747767865_thumb.jpg

Steer clear of zoom bins, had a couple of pairs and the image quality was shocking in both. Dont know if the offer is still on but i used my tesco vouchers in jessops, they were worth twice as much so i got £60 bins for £30 worth of free vouchers! might be worth a look.

Archived