Banner.jpg.b89429c566825f6ab32bcafbada449c9.jpg

Power Tank problem Y / N ?

He people

How long would you think a power tank should last ( Hours of use ) when running 2 dew strips and a Meade 8" LX90 scope ?

I run it for about 8 hours over 2 night seccions and it now as dead :huh:

its this model from Maplins http://www.maplin.co...le-power-224871

Any advice / thoughts welcom

Need to get it sorted before Kelling :grin:

I have been running the same power tank for two years and it is a great piece of kit - so much so I bought another. You must charge it after EVERY use without fail. Also never let it run down less than 50% charge. IF you want to do deep discharging or find yourself away from civilization and cannot charge it immediately then you should use GEL batteries.

I fully charged it for 14 hours , and the last thing I did before leaving home was to unplug the power tank and put it in my van

The site I was on has no mails hook-up

When not in regular use I normally leave the LED light on for 12 hours then re charge for 14 hours to try and keep it in good charged condition

Won’t have this problem at Kelling as they have mains hook up

I was surprised it only lasted 8 hours or am I expecting too much

The working capacity is actually less than the Ah rating (see previous threads) - around 60%-70% is a rule of thumb.

I gave up on the power packs and went over to a series of 20Ah gel cell batteries (with an electronic triple stage charger)

These are now almost seven years old and as good as new.

Archived