NLCbanner2024.jpg.2478be509670e60c2d6efd04834b8b47.jpg

Clear but wet

x6gas

Had an excellent night last night. Found one new Messier object (M74) to take me up to 107, revisited a number of others including M57 which looked fantastic, and had t he best view of M31 I've ever seen. Just a shame I had to pack in early because I needed to be up early this morning.

James

Had an excellent night last night. Found one new Messier object (M74) to take me up to 107, revisited a number of others including M57 which looked fantastic, and had t he best view of M31 I've ever seen. Just a shame I had to pack in early because I needed to be up early this morning.

James

Cool - you'd better amend you profile! Bagged some good subs of the Bubble Nebula but the meridian flip got me in the end...

I was out with my 15x70's this morning at 4:30 managed to see M31 and it was the best I have seen it. Also Jupiter looked lovely M45 stunning as usual and finally saw a feint smudge just above M45 Im not 100% sure but think it was the California Nebula. I am taking this as a good omen for the Autumn skies to come.

I was out with my 15x70's this morning at 4:30 managed to see M31 and it was the best I have seen it. Also Jupiter looked lovely M45 stunning as usual and finally saw a feint smudge just above M45 Im not 100% sure but think it was the California Nebula. I am taking this as a good omen for the Autumn skies to come.

Let's hope so! Looks like that's that for this week with another weather front moving in.... Typical, just as I've got everything working right!

Just polished my dob base and now it rotates beautifully smooth but checked this Weeks weather forecast and out looks like I have got no chance off getting out observing. I think I will go back in the kitchen and spin the dob round for another hour so withdrawal symptoms don't set in.

Archived