NLCbanner2024.jpg.2478be509670e60c2d6efd04834b8b47.jpg

SH2-188 (No. 2)

martin_h

Having seen Shibby's image of this I thought I'd have a go, the pln a to get hours of data for this, but as you know "the best laid plans etc"

Cloud stopped play and I only got 3hrs 40 mins @ 20min subs.

Pushed to the limit (and beyond!)

Sh2-188web.png

I had similar hopes of a 7 hour solid run last night, but in my case it was fog that stopped play :sad:.

Although as you've noted it would obviously benefit from more data, I do like the field you've got... and also even with so comparatively few subs, there's a lot of detail - Are you going to try and get any more on this...? I've seen a very interesting HSO mapped image of this...

The forecast does look promising tonight, but there seems to be an awful lot of high cloud about at the moment :-(. I didn't realise that was a crop from the QHY9 - it must be pretty tiny... And this is a better image than I originally thought!

The forecast does look promising tonight, but there seems to be an awful lot of high cloud about at the moment :-(. I didn't realise that was a crop from the QHY9 - it must be pretty tiny... And this is a better image than I originally thought!

Full frame -

188fullframeweb.png

I've changed my mind - Having walked the dog and dredged my aged grey matter, it finally churned up the answer what this is - it's not a nebula at all - It's the remnants of the Klingon moon, Praxis, that exploded at the beginning of Star Trek VI... :grin:

Archived