Banner.jpg.b83b14cd4142fe10848741bb2a14c66b.jpg

Astronomy Hobby and your Wife/Husband/Spouse/GF/BF

My fiancee is supportive and will have a look at the moon or a planet, but she wont stand outside in the cold for more than a few minutes, she loves the deep sky image`s on here, i do try to keep an even balance between astro and relationship, and if she is in the "tigress" mood then its a done deal, astro can wait :grin:

• Replies 34
  • Created
  • Last Reply

My wife is interested (particularly in cosmology) and supportive, but does not like spending hours observing in the cold. She'll come outside to take a quick look at stuff if I'm observing at home, and enjoys the occasional holiday at COAA.

(On the batphone, so probably riddled with weird predicted text.),

My wife is interested in astronomy as well just doesnt have the evening staying power when a warm comfy bed calls. Its definitely our scope and she has been known to go and setup herself and have a mooch round the skies

My Wife does take an interest in all things space and loves to follow the ISS even waving as it goes overhead, " you never know they might see us " she once said, womanly intuition of course, the only other remarks she comes out with are " How Much " :D

John.

Mrs Marki has been very supportive - she watched all the stargazing live stuff with me and encouraged me to get my first scope. She is known to come outside for a while and take a peek, before the cold gets to her. Shes more of a moon/saturn girl though and not interested in scopes/gadgets etc. in themselves - only the views. She does enjoy snapping the odd pic with her compact through the eyepiece. She's never questioned my spend (I never hide it from her; firmly believe honesty is the best policy here) and only comments on the number of scopes/eyepieces when it starts to approach the limit I set for myself when I started.

I'm pretty lucky all told, but I do make sure to spend time with her on evenings when I'd rather be out at the eyepiece - all relationships need a bit of give and take :).

Archived