NLCbanner2024.jpg.2478be509670e60c2d6efd04834b8b47.jpg

Melotte-15 in Ha (IC1805)

swag72

I want to do a narrowband image of this, but the moon and a couple of moves of the CCD have put paid to it with this data anyway. So I have settled on an Ha image of this region for the moment anyway. I continue to really enjoy the little scope I have and know that I have made the right decision to abandon the 120ED and look towards more widefield with another Atik (Once I've decided which one!)

Using the 5 hours of Ha data from last night, I hope to add OIII and SII to this for another NB project.

M: HEQ5

T: Pentax 75SDHF

C: Atik 314L+ Baader 7nm Ha filter and Trutek manual filter wheel

31 x 2100s of exposures

post-5681-0-16578900-1346760028_thumb.jp

Thanks Tim and Dave. This is 10 hours of subs, only 1200s per sub, not 2100 as per my typo!!

Looking at widefield Dave, so either a 460 Atik or a 4000. Just need some comparison type data between the two instead of figures!!

I think the 460 uses the same chip style as the 428ex.

If you would like to see some results from mine, just shout. I have to say, I am extremely pleased with the 428ex. Using at the moment with a Borg77 at 1x1, but it is also very useful at 2x2 with my C11, even working at F10.

I was used to using the SX H9 which was great, but have to say I like the Atik 428 even more :)

Cheers Tim. I am very torn between the sensitivity of the 460 and the fov of the 4000 - I can not decide. Well, I do for one day, read something else then change my mind again.

Procrastination and too much information on the net will be the death of me!!

Archived