Banner.jpg.b89429c566825f6ab32bcafbada449c9.jpg

Eyepiece advice please

jason24483

I have recently purchased a skyliner 250px dob goto! My previous scope was a 1145p

I still have the 2 original eyepieces( 10mm and 25mm) which was supplied with my old scope,plus a 32mm plossl and a 6mm plossl, both are skywatcher and 1.25"!

I'm looking for new eypieces to complement my 250px and would like some advice before diving in to my pockets!

I have a 2" adaptor so should I go down this road?

Interested in everything in the night sky... Nebulae, galaxys, star clusters etc!

Your advice/help would be much appreciated

Thanks for reading

Clear skies

At least the eyepieces you have already got will give you a decent range to start with. Don't feel you need to rush this - there is a huge amount of choice and the costs can be high if you want wide and really well corrected fields of view in your F/4.7 scope.

1.25" eyepieces are fine - you only need to consider 2" ones when you want a larger field of view than your 32mm plossl gives you and that eyepiece alone could easily cost in the region of £100 or more.

I think I might be tempted to replace the 25mm and 10mm original equipment eyepieces with decent plossls such as GSO or Vixen NPL's and then take some time to i) enjoy the scope and ii) carefully research (and save for !) my future eyepiece upgrade path.

These are very good BST explorer duel ed eyepieces £47 each from Skys the limit. Alan who runs the shop is brilliant if your not happy he will refund you and he understands it may take more than a couple of weeks with our weather to test them he sells them on ebay and has 100% positive feedback.

Archived