Banner.jpg.b83b14cd4142fe10848741bb2a14c66b.jpg

upgraded neq6 alt and lat bolts?

Daniel-K

yeah they are so over priced twenty seven pound for bolts that are a couple of pound i just used a4 s/s bolts hex head and a 17mm socket :grin:

Yep, exactly what I did, ridiculous what the charge for them, when hex bolts do the same job.

Sorry bottletop, I do like to Google now and again but can you point me out to me the exact item on your link. I will say that I have not upgraded my bolts so I am not wise as to how the rachet one is put together so you have to bear with a dense old bloke :(.

Jim

The cheapest I found were these from RS

http://uk.rs-online.com/web/p/levers/0478692/

The trick is to buy FEMALE M10 version and then cut some M10 high tensile bolts down to size to get the right lengh. If memory serves me correctly you'll need about 100mm of M10 thread.

Also be aware that stainless steel is not necessarily stronger than steel. Look for the markings on the heads of the bolts you cut down to determine if they bend under load or not!

http://k-tbolt.com/bolt_chart.html

my eq5 is m8 bolts 13mm hex head m10 would be 17mm hex head

It's possible the EQ5 has M8 azimuth bolts and the EQ6 has beefier M10 ones- never had an EQ5 so I don't know. Both my EQ6's (one very old and one 2012 model) both have M10. Either way it's a good idea to replace the standard adusters with some high strength bolts that don't bend.

Archived