Banner.jpg.b83b14cd4142fe10848741bb2a14c66b.jpg

Ive been a bit daft - hand held GOTO device

Ive had my scope (12 inch Dob) since April and its taken till now for me to realise that if I hold the GOTO controller upside down it works better !

Then the arrows that move the scope up/down, left/right correspond to what I see when looking through the eyepiece.

I laughed out loud at my stupidity when I found out. Made viewing the moon much eaiser. I was trying to look in detail at it and compare it to my moon map and figure out what I was seeing.

Makes me wonder what other "bloomin obvious" things I will figure out next :)

Isn't there a setting in the menu to swap them round so that you don't need to hold the handset upside down ?

There normally is.

But the effect is the same, just you don't look quite as daft.

Oddly I seem to recall a post about this, 3 or 4 weeks back, the person asking wanted to know why anyone would want this seemingly useless feature of being able to make the buttons drive to other way.

Oh, I had better read the destructions again then. Does seem daft when you think about it.

Everything else is well thought out and cleverly designed it would be surprising if you couldnt swop them over.

Hmmm. When I look through the scope the image moves the way I would expect. So its reveresed to take account of the fact that everything is upside down. Thats the way I like it but then I have never tried to navigate with a map. I can see how that would make your mind boggle!! Handy feature if you can change the settings though :)

Judging by your avatar I'd say you have a bit more than just the handset the wrong way round lol :)

That is the normal position for motocrosse, enduro and trials motorcycles, when the water was deeper than you thought. If there was a tree nearby you could see Ainsley or me hanging upside down as well.

Archived