Banner.jpg.b83b14cd4142fe10848741bb2a14c66b.jpg

W/C 27th August

swamp thing

Hi All

Well our old friend the Moon is gonna be bright this week. So no dark sky trips, but if anyone fancies RC on a clear one I'll be up for it. RC does provide a nice southern sky for lunar observing if your gardens are obscured.

If we get a clear one I'll no doubt post anyway. :icon_salut:

...could even use the skytee2 to mount sw120 and tal100 side by side :>

Not sure why didnt buy those adapters sooner steve, now that have the 2" and 1.25" i just stack them and switch between eyepieces - quicker and holds them securely - worthwhile 'focuser' upgrade!

now that moon is in full flow ill prob bring up the frac

I'm around this week if we get a clear night.

Saw Orion and Jupier rising in the east at 3am on Sunday - no bins or scope though as was on cricket tour and was'nt really in a fit state for an impromptu observing session either :grin:

I'm around this week if we get a clear night.

Saw Orion and Jupier rising in the east at 3am on Sunday - no bins or scope though as was on cricket tour and was'nt really in a fit state for an impromptu observing session either :grin:

Jupier??! i see the alcohol has still havings its effect :grin:

:grin: I just checked on Stellarium and it was Jupiter, just to the 2 o'clock position from Orion in Taurus. Even to my blurry eyes it was far too bright to be anything else, although if I had waited another hour Venus would have been up and then I would have been well confused!

Good to met you all again last night. It was a nice and clear night. I was pleasantly surprised how much other stuff I could see in the little 5" Mak despite the amazingly bright Blue Moon (well, almost full Blue Moon). Attached is an afocal photo from my mobile phone.

Looking forward to the next session. Lets hope it's a Bignor expedition :grin:

post-16053-0-26734900-1346413841_thumb.j

Archived