Banner.jpg.b89429c566825f6ab32bcafbada449c9.jpg

W/C 20th August

swamp thing

• Replies 37
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Thanks for everyone's help tonight and allowing me to look through your scopes.

It was good to finally go along to one of these meets and meeting everyone.

I finally got to see some nebulas, clusters and galaxies...

Best

Great to see you Guys up there last night. Nice to meet some of the other Stargazers. Pity we weren't treated to clearer skies but it was good to get out and see something :) It was good to compare views of the same objects through different scopes to. I now know I have to add a dob and a frac to the wish list :D

Hopefully, we will get lucky and have a clear night during the weekend so we can have a session at Bignor.

Cheers,

Lee

We went out yesterday and ended up near Pulborough so nipped to the Roman Villa for a cuppa in their tea room. I can very much understand why you would go there to observe. It's not densely populated and nicely naturally shielded from the Coastal light pollution by the South Downs. I'll be certain to try and get down there on the next clear night.

On the way home, I popped into Sussex Astronomy Center - well, it would be rude not to wouldn't it :) Luckily for the bank balance, I escaped almost empty handed!

Cheers,

Lee

Archived