Banner.jpg.b83b14cd4142fe10848741bb2a14c66b.jpg

Great covers for small scopes

I've just picked up a small Barbeque cover from Tescos that is seriously nice quality and seriously cheap (£4.96). It would make a great waterproof cover for a short refractor set up.

http://www.tesco.com/direct/tesco-small-barbecue-and-chimenea-cover/213-2995.prd?skuId=213-2995&pageLevel

They do some larger sizes to.

A trip to Tesco then...

Sorry, perhaps I should have emphasised this, these are only available online. I ordered my for pick up at my local store so no delivery charge.

This was fine until I realised that the pick up point was at the customer service/fags till. I had to queue behind 335,000 people all wanting cigs and/or lottery tickets! Definitely worth it though as these seem to be really rugged, high quality covers.

Got mine today (54cm diam x 78 cm deep if you need to know). Seems to be decent quality and has two eyelets for a draw string. I think I'll use it but put the slightly not-so-good chimera cover over it to take 99% of the rain off and leave the new one to catch the last few drops.

How waterproof are these sort of covers when going over delicate and electrical items???? do any of you have problems with condensation forming on the scope or electrics when left out??? or do you use them as a temp covering when the usual british weather suddenly turns

Archived