What would be the correct Mount for a Celestron 9.25 Edge?

Hi all;

This is my first time at posting, so apologies in advance if I make any protocol errors.

I have just bought a secoond hand 9.25 Celestron Edge scope. My problem is what mount should I match it with?

I was thinking along the lines of a SkyWatcher NEQ6 Pro Synscan (expensive) or the lighter HEQ5 Pro Synscan or maybe a Celestron CGEM.

I would appreciate any guidance and help offered.

Many thanks in advance.

Bill

Hi ,

I think the NEQ6 or the CGEM would be a good choice. They are both sturdy mounts and can quite easily handle the scope.

It all comes down to price and personal choice really but to be honest these mounts are well proven and could handle a bigger scope if you wanted to upgrade to say an 11" in the future.

I decided to go for the 11" edge and went bigger with the CGEM DX but I know that I will never go off the hobby and I Definitely know that I will be getting into AP so I took the personal choice of going big straight away so as to save me money in the future.

All the best

Andy.

EQ6 is fine for 9.25, not sure about the CGEM...

The HEQ5 is also ok for the C9.25, but it is at the upper limit for imaging - I wouldn't want to have it with a guide scope though....

shows my first imaging attempt through the Scope on the HEQ5.

Cheers

Ant

I weighed these up when I bought my C11 and ended up with the NEQ6, and it handles it like a champ.

FWIW, the CGEM is heavier by a few kgs and costs more than the NEQ6, at least in the UK. Functionally, the latest firmware for Synscan provides All-Star functionality but I haven't tried it yet.

Archived