NLCbanner2024.jpg.2478be509670e60c2d6efd04834b8b47.jpg

are these buyable in uk?

womblemaster

looked at too many eps in last 2 days and heads spinning atmo.....arent there some plossl style eps about that are ~70fov . I think Revelation make some....not convinced they would be great quality.

What am wondering is the image quality of these worth losing 10-15 deg fov?

I guess ideal scenario is 60-70 deg fov, eye relief 14mm+ and ~50 quid in price. Anyone recommend something? or have something similar for sale? Probably after 11-13mm focal length.

this kinda thing....

http://www.365astronomy.com/12mm-magellan-wide-angle-eyepiece-with-65-field-of-view-p-17.html

I guess ideal scenario is 60-70 deg fov, eye relief 14mm+ and ~50 quid in price. Anyone recommend something? or have something similar for sale? Probably after 11-13mm focal length.

BST Explorers/StarGuiders from Sky's the Limit, 12mm, £47, 60 deg and either 15 or 20mm eye relief.

Acording to the TS site they all have 16mm eye relief.

It amazes me how do they make these eyepiece so cheap. Each eyepieces has 7 elements and 14 surfaces to grid and polish, and then you have to make the housing, paint them, and silkscreen print the label... all for roughly £25.

Chinese labour may be cheap, but I still can't figure out how they can make these eyepieces for that price even if the labour is free.

Archived