NLCbanner2024.jpg.2478be509670e60c2d6efd04834b8b47.jpg

First Light DMK

nigelg

I decided to treat myself to a new camera for Solar Imaging, as quite a few of you are getting good results with the DMK 41 this is what I bought.

I have a few Dust Bunnies to locate and exterminate, but I am happy with the first image.

810 frames in .avi through my Lunt 60 Tha.

Nigelpost-7148-0-31730100-1344970470_thumb.jp

Lovely image you captured Nigel, is this processed from one image or a mosaic? I'm asking as I have the 21 and would need to stitch a few images together to have the same FOV as your image shows.

Thanks for comments.

The DMK 41 MONO is a 1.4 mega pixel camera. I didn't quite get all the sun in the fov. The surface and proms are taken at the same time, and are not combined images.

Nigel

An excellent first light!

I'm just wondering about the little blank patches on the disc, when you are looking at the image on the monitor, have a little play with the Ha tuning, you'll find that the image will darken when you get close to centre line and filaments on the surface will stand out more. I find tuning with a camera much easier than by eye as the camera can always sense this drop in light. If this isn't the cause, try reducing the exposure a little as these might be over exposed areas. I hope you don't mind the little tips.

Alexandra

Archived