NLCbanner2024.jpg.2478be509670e60c2d6efd04834b8b47.jpg

I have landed on Mars!

reddoss

To be precise, a chip with my name on inside the Curiosity rover has landed on Mars. A few years ago NASA ran a PR stunt where you entered your name on a website and could print out a certificate which stated that your name was recorded on a chip that was in the new rover.

Did anyone else do the same?

Not personally, but the secretary of the local AC put the society's name down and showed certificate.

Wouldn't put my personal details on the rover as it may be hacked by an unscrupulous Martian and I wouldn't want to get any more spam than I currently do :D

Not personally, but the secretary of the local AC put the society's name down and showed certificate.

Wouldn't put my personal details on the rover as it may be hacked by an unscrupulous Martian and I wouldn't want to get any more spam than I currently do :D

Yeah, but getting an email with an address of <someone>@<somewhere>.mars would have some novelty value. Has anyone registered that domain yet?

Yeah, but getting an email with an address of <someone>@<somewhere>.mars would have some novelty value. Has anyone registered that domain yet?

There's a good idea! Make a fortune out of selling it on one day, problem is you'd have to leave it as a legacy for the great-great grandkids :D

I didn't get to Mars, but I did get my name included on the Chip that went on to the Lunar Reconnaissance Orbiter.

Still merrily whirling around the moon. HehHeh. Getting a bit Dizzy I am.

Ron.

Archived