NLCbanner2024.jpg.2478be509670e60c2d6efd04834b8b47.jpg

ST120 (with new ED80 Focuser) observing report.

Rob

Another very clear night again tonight. Seeing was around 7 out of 10.

First up naked eye. Lovely views of the milkyway around 10pm, LP was quite low and I could certainly feel a nip in the air... Autumn is here I think!!. The binos then came out for scan of the sky.. beautiful, really enjoyed just moving around taking in the constellations.

The scope had been setup on the patio since sunset, I'd also fitted my new replacement (ED80) crayford focuser... this certainly made a big difference to the scopes performance.

First - M57 using the 13mm 68 degree Hyperion. Wow!.. it certainly is a clear night, quickly (like a man possessed) I dropped in the 2xAPo barlow.. the detail was staggering. Not much averted vision required here. Lovely ring shown on a inky black sky.

Next - M13. Again a nice view through the scope... a little hazy to be fair.

Next - M92. This was a cracking site.. much brighter than M13. A joy!

Next - M27. The old favorite here.. again (as with the other night) this stood out, almost 3D looking. Stunning!

Next - Alberio. beautiful as always!.

I finished up with a scan of the milkyway and just took in the stars...

A great night!. The ST120 is a very suprising scope, the new focuser has improved it 3 fold!.

Rob

:wink:

good to hear Rob. it certainly looked a good night out there and you made the best of it. And you sound well chuffed with the ST120 :wink: I knew that focuser would make a huge difference over the R&P.

Would have been out there myself but it's amazing how quickly you get bored with binos when there's no scope to use :?

Archived