NLCbanner2024.jpg.2478be509670e60c2d6efd04834b8b47.jpg

W/C 30th July

swamp thing

Hi All

This week the moon will be a bit Intrusive to make much observing worthwhile from RC. I'm a bit busy at the moment as well so I'm going to give this week a miss.

Hopefully we'll get some clear nights next week.

Hi

I did write a report of our last Bignor meet. TBH I think I missed a few objects off but it will give you a rough idea of conditions that night.

We were kinda nebula spotting as Darren had a new O-III filter and we were obviously checking that out. :)

http://stargazerslou...summer-nebulae/

There was just the two of us at this meet.

HTH

I could easily make out the gas surrounding the dumbell nebula which was well defined itself, both big ticks for the location and ED120.

The Veil was still ridiculously spectacular. We could'nt decide between the Lumicon and Astronomik Oiii filters, but did decide that my new SW Aero 40mm was nothing compared to Steve's 31mm Nagler (that's why the Aero is £400 cheaper :grin: ).

Oh and the Moonlite passed it's first light test with flying colours!

Bignor is worth the extra drive, better skies and no passing car headlights. For me it's 25mins to RC and just under an hour to Bignor. Really nice part of the country too.

I wish, £20 on last week euromil got me 0. Been selling a few gadgets had lying around the house, plus going to sell old Ep hence effective trade in. Only going for one green Ep and 13m is one I'd get most benefit from (I hope) will be last upgrade for a while!

• 2 weeks later...

Hello to all members In case anyone is interested I am based on the outskirts of Redhill & not so far from one of the existing members on here who is, I believe already WELL KNOWN to all or most of you as in speaking to him he has mentioned about the dark sky gatherings you arrange on here & he advised me that some of you might be interested in our new club that I am trying to form it is a ASTRO CLUB/SOC in my sector of Surrey based in Redhill & I would like to hear from anyone who is interested in helping to form or be a member of it.

I will hope to hear from someone\YOU! soon.

Clear skies to everyone

John.

Archived