NLCbanner2024.jpg.2478be509670e60c2d6efd04834b8b47.jpg

I've tasted the dark side...... and I want more!

Dazzyd

Well, driving back from Evesham last night, decided to stop and do a bit of stargazing (had the bins and camera in the boot just in case). OMG what beauty! The numebr of stars just with the naked eye was stunning then when I looked through the bins I was just blown away! Plaides was stunning! First time I'd looked at them through decent bins and it took my breath away!

I think you tend to kid yourself that "this light polution isn't that bad" but when you have a comparison you realise just how bad it is. Can't wait to get the scope out to a dark location, I've had the taste, I want more :D

post-22731-0-59698700-1343578962_thumb.j

At that location, through my 15x70s the Plaides was just a mass of stars! The view was so clear I didn't even have to work hard with the camera with regard to exposure times. Thankfully I break up on Friday for a couple of weeks so I may well be going out a few times with the scope if we have some clear skies :D

The LP in that photo is from Worcester and Droitwich around 10 miles away, just shows how bad it makes the sky glow!

I was thinking the LP in that image was very low. Its a stunning image and the Seven Sisters really stand out.

I think its a amazing image showing the difference between LP (to the left) and clear skies (to the right).

I really like this widefield.

In the middle of the image..............the white light...................is that the Moon rising or setting?

Lovely image. Pleaides...means Orion isn't too far behind...

Where has the year gone?!

I bought my 8SE in early dec 2011. The weather meant i have still not observed Orion in the 8SE.

I am hoping that this winter i get to see Orion in my 8SE.

Lovely image. Pleaides...means Orion isn't too far behind...

Where has the year gone?!

I'm always pleased when I get my first glimps of the Pleaides at this time of year- it's like seeing old friends again, plus the thought of those winter skies to come.

Daz- great photo by the way- but it goes to show you can't really get away from the light pollution in the Midlands.

Very true Jock but OMG was the sky better to view than here near the towns! That level of LP I'd be more than happy with LOL :D

Clear night now, going to spend an hour viewing. Got a UHC filter, arrived yesterday so I'm going to see what I can see :D

Daz when you are free more contact me as I am retired now thus all clear nights could be a trip out

Will do Steve. I'm hoping to do something in the next couple of weeks. I break up on Friday so loads of chances so long as the God of clear skies is kind to us LOL

Archived