NLCbanner2024.jpg.2478be509670e60c2d6efd04834b8b47.jpg

Cant launch stellarium.

WWWOOOOOO000000000OOOOOOOO HHHHHOOOOOOOO000000OOOOOOOO

FINALY

rebroke and this time went to basic vga graphics. Then tried to update my previously d/l drivers but again windows wouldnt let me.

So tried the intel auto detect but that crashed ie everytime I hit go and done nothing on firefox so decided to run an exe direct from driver d/l page.

this managed to get me updated to intels latest driver which thankfully has the turboboost accellerator and my graphics started to look like normal again.

A quick restart to confirm the changes and a nervous d/l of stellarium again and finaly we have success.

A total of about 10 hours trying to get this work. I think I need a medal of some sort.

Thanks again TzuiRiky for all your help and sticking with me on this.

Cool, so you did not give up!

So at the end you were able to force the install of the Intel Drivers and they actually resolved the hardware acceleration issue, allowing Stellarium to run as it should? :D :D

• Replies 34
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Aye thats it. Intel inside ;)

everythings running smoothly and I am finaly a happy camper :)

Very good !

So it turns out that resellers distribute useless drivers and despite all the Windows warnings, only the Intel ones work as they should.

Wondering what's their aim....

Enjoy :)

Strange that problem stellarium not loading on some lappy's maybe try heavensat it's similar to stellarium

http://www.heavensat.ru/english/

Haven't tried Heaventsat,

given that the application runs a 3D environment, it might not be able to run it neither if it has similar requirement to Stellarium and then you might still need to install or reinstall appropriate drivers for your graphic card :)

I've actually found out that there is a Nintendo DS program similar to Stellarium, I will see if I can put my hands on it :p:D

Another graphics card driver problem then, glad you got it fixed.

Strange that problem stellarium not loading on some lappy's maybe try heavensat it's similar to stellarium

http://www.heavensat.ru/english/

Not sure about this Cliff......

Heavensat - program for visual observing of artificial satellites. Heavensat shows satellites on local horizon of observer relative to bright stars in given moment of time.

Although Stellarium can show satellites it does way more, primarily its a dedicated star atlas that can control your telescopes mount.

Stellarium is a free open source planetarium for your computer. It shows a realistic sky in 3D, just like what you see with the naked eye, binoculars or a telescope.

Haven't tried Heaventsat,

given that the application runs a 3D environment, it might not be able to run it neither if it has similar requirement to Stellarium and then you might still need to install or reinstall appropriate drivers for your graphic card :)

I've actually found out that there is a Nintendo DS program similar to Stellarium, I will see if I can put my hands on it :p:D

I want it lol i have DSI and PSP Could put some stuff on :)

• 1 year later...

Archived