NLCbanner2024.jpg.2478be509670e60c2d6efd04834b8b47.jpg

Delta Aquarids and the famous Perseids

mikeyrea

In one of the comments on that article someone is suggesting watching from a hammock. Sounds like a lovely idea, though I imagine I could quite easily fall asleep :)

James

. A hammock would be a really bad idea, it would be way too comfortable lol

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk. Blame Apple for the typos and me for the content

In one of the comments on that article someone is suggesting watching from a hammock. Sounds like a lovely idea, though I imagine I could quite easily fall asleep :)

James

Wouldn't a hammock be between two trees, makes viewing a tad awkward.

Wouldn't a hammock be between two trees, makes viewing a tad awkward.

Technology has moved on these days, you know. Hammocks don't need to be suspended between trees any more. You can get them strung on frames that sit on the ground.

James

Technology has moved on these days, you know. Hammocks don't need to be suspended between trees any more. You can get them strung on frames that sit on the ground.

James

But this is not a REAL hammock :)

I've just had this vision of the next generation of meteor watchers arriving at their viewing site and, having moved on from reclining chairs, breaking out the portable hammocks for a night's viewing. Followed by the scene the next morning as the sun rises: just one vehicle left and, in the watery dawn light, a lone hammock from which the chatter of the dawn chorus is punctuated by snoring :)

James

Archived