Banner.jpg.b83b14cd4142fe10848741bb2a14c66b.jpg

Any one else observing tonight?

pvaz

A very good night for me too. I saw a few globs and also the ring nebula. Thinking back, it has been a while since I last observed M57.

In the mean time, I also experimented with my set up for the coming season.

M57 is always worth a look! :) How did the tests go?

I'm getting a cofee and some mosquito repellent before I get anymore bytes. Maybe chech a few Messiers as well after that.

I will need more counter weights if I am going to use the current configuration for the next season. Piggybacking the Borg 77ed on my C6 as a finder is somewhat of an overkill and a was little bit too much for my GP2. It also left the RDF in a slightly awkward position. I will probably changed to a side by side set up or swap it with the 60mm finder on my C925.

I'd picked three new Messiers for targets and got them all. M15 and M34 were easy, and the latter gave me perhaps the best demonstration I've had of the difference between direct and averted vision, so many more stars appear when I look somewhere else. M32 was a real challenge. I searched and found nothing, moved onto the Double Cluster and M34, then returned to the vicinity of the Andromeda Galaxy and made a rubbish sketch of the area with a couple of suspect fuzzies marked in. Stellarium confirmed that while one was just a faint double star the other was indeed M32!

I've been imaging, and have just seen Jupiter and Venus rise :smiley: . I really ought to pack it in and go to bed now, the weather forecast suggests we could be in for a few good nights this week, so I need to save myself! Its been fun though :grin:

Helen

I'm going to bed too. It's been a good night! Got 10 new Caldwell objects checked and revisited many of the Messiers in Scorpio and Sagittarious.

The night is still clear from horizon to horizon but, after 4 hours observing, I've had my fill. :)

Went back out still cloudy

as I packed away the eyepieces shut the laptop down capped the scopes the wind picked up and it cleared again

out with the eyepieces bino viewer and finished off with m45 Jove with Io very close by and Venus

the other 1/2 had a look as well for the first time in years and really enjoyed it I don't think she has seen Venus so clear before

I split the D/D with the Tak 102 at x51 and the 132 at x 57 with the 16mm UWAN but could not with the 20mm Nag at x 41 and x46 and could not lay my hands on the 18mm

If the weather looks like holding I will have to get set up again for imaging

Cracking night, bagged a few messiers, Pleiades was spectacular as well as the Perseus Cluster and the best view I've had of M82. Best of the night was Jupiter with Callisto, Io and Ganymede stealing the show and a decent view of Venus.

Was well worth the wait!

Night all.

Yup. Just been out observing and imaging Jupiter. Too small to make out details through the EP & preliminary vids suggest that the saturation was way too high. Beautifully clear night though - Jupiter & venus over Liverpool in the pre-dawn, even unmagnified, were spectacular.

Archived