SkySurveyBanner.jpg.21855908fce40597655603b6c9af720d.jpg

1st accesories

Having just about got used to the basics - I'm now thinking of purchasing some accessories (plus I owed a pressie from the wife - see "Is this a disaster" thread). I'm temped by the revelation eyepiece set as it gets a good review from everyone - but would others suggest something else - budget is £150ish.

My kit is Skywatcher 200 on HEQ5 with the eyepieces & finder that came with it. I've got books & software so it's actual kit I'm thinking of.

So far my favourite things to look at have been the moon & planets (if I'm honest mainly because I can find them) although the most impressive was Orion Neb. in the winter - but I've not had much chance to look at any other DSO's so far. I'm in the Lake District so have a fairly dark sky.

I would have to recommend the Revelation EP set, far too good for the money and they come with a filter set..

Eyepieces - 6mm 9mm 12mm 15mm 20mm and 32mm

Filters - ND96 Moon filter and wratten #56 #8 #15a #23a #80a

For £99... :shock:

That's £51 left over....for some Baader solar film..and even more stuff.. 8)

Or Buy a red dot finder..I find much easier to use than the standard finder..IMO :wink:

Greg

I would have to recommend the Revelation EP set, far too good for the money and they come with a filter set..

Eyepieces - 6mm 9mm 12mm 15mm 20mm and 32mm

Filters - ND96 Moon filter and wratten #56 #8 #15a #23a #80a

For £99... :shock:

That's £51 left over....for some Baader solar film..and even more stuff.. 8)

Or Buy a red dot finder..I find much easier to use than the standard finder..IMO :wink:

Greg

Is this Revelation set better than the Celestron one? I must admit I really like Celestron kit, even their extremely cheap plossls seem to be pretty good to me.

I'm not planning on buying either set, just curious!

As for what to buy? What about a 2" widefield eyepiece? Viewing the Pleiades through one of these is great. :stars:

I have the revelation kit, from Flo. It is excellent, in fact I much prefer the EP's to my original Meade plossls. The revelations ones are much more comfortable in use. I don't know how they do it for the money.

You should have enough left to buy a good barlow lens, as the one that came with my SW 200 is not brilliant.

JV

Is this Revelation set better than the Celestron one? I must admit I really like Celestron kit, even their extremely cheap plossls seem to be pretty good to me.

I'm not planning on buying either set, just curious!

As for what to buy? What about a 2" widefield eyepiece? Viewing the Pleiades through one of these is great. :stars:

I spoke with Steve (FLO) about the Revelation set - he suggested it was of a similar quality to the Celestron one. The Celestron one costs £40 more and has a poor Barlow - Steve suggested saving the £40 by getting the Revelation set and spending the £40 on a good Barlow.

A friend of mine uses the Revelation set + a couple of Moonfish EPs on his LX90 - swears by them.

Tom

Archived