NLCbanner2024.jpg.2478be509670e60c2d6efd04834b8b47.jpg

Photos of a baader zoom & zoom barlow

barbusg60

I was just wondering if anyone would have the time to post a pic of a Baader Zoom in action/reality.

I cannot get to view one in the flesh and am having trouble visualising the actual size of one.

I am also thinking of the Zoom Barlow to pair with it but only have a 130p Heritage at the moment and dont want the eyepiece to be bigger than the scope!

I have used Celestron X-Cel Lx's, is the Zoom much bigger than those?

Thanks in advance,

Rob.

If you pick up a tin of baked beans, then you are not too far off the size of the Hyperion zoom. It weighs about the same also.

I have a Heritage 130P also but i have yet to try the zoom on it. I imagine it will be fine. I am not sure about adding the zoom barlow also. That might be a bit too much weight for the focuser on the Heritage. Also as you may also know, the focuser on the Heritage is not the smoothest focuser in the world. It might be a real pain in the behind to use the zoom lens and the barlow.

I'm just guessing here. I have no experience to back up my comment. Its certainly worth getting the zoom EP to start with. Then you can add pretty much any kind of barlow that is 1.25". I just have a feeling that the bulky baader barlow may cause problems, or at the very least, be annoying to use also on the scope.

If you pick up a tin of baked beans, then you are not too far off the size of the Hyperion zoom. It weighs about the same also.

I have a Heritage 130P also but i have yet to try the zoom on it. I imagine it will be fine. I am not sure about adding the zoom barlow also. That might be a bit too much weight for the focuser on the Heritage. Also as you may also know, the focuser on the Heritage is not the smoothest focuser in the world. It might be a real pain in the behind to use the zoom lens and the barlow.

I'm just guessing here. I have no experience to back up my comment. Its certainly worth getting the zoom EP to start with. Then you can add pretty much any kind of barlow that is 1.25". I just have a feeling that the bulky baader barlow may cause problems, or at the very least, be annoying to use also on the scope.

Thanks Paul,

The problem is that I want the barlow for high powered work and thought the Baader barlow would be a neater option for me?

I assumed the barlow part replaced the 1.25" bit of the barrel but I am probably wrong!

Has anyone got any pics of the zoom and barlow combo please?

Cheers,

Rob.

Looks nice, I've never really been in love with zooms. I've got one the Antares 8mm-5mm which is fairly good. I have seen a good few posts now singing the praises of the hyperion Mk III, maybe its time to have a closer look.

Alan.

Archived