Banner.jpg.b89429c566825f6ab32bcafbada449c9.jpg

Baader Hyp Zoom - eye rest

janew

Hi,

I've [finally] just bought myself the Baader Hyperion Zoom EP (still waiting for a clear night to try it out) and am a bit confused - it comes with an eye rest fitted, and a smaller one not fitted. The pictures on the box show both eye rests, so they're obviously interchangeable, but I can't figure out how to fit the small one. In all honesty I'll probably use it with the larger adjustable one that is already fitted on it, but would just like to know how to change it.

Can anyone help?

Thanks in advance.

Jane

If it is the new Hyperion Mk III, I imagine it is to do with the ability of the eyepiece to go down to 3.5mm below the normal 8mm. I have just looked at the TS German site and there seems to be some change over that needs to be done. Though where the extra eye guard comes in is not clear at all.

They don't list it on, the what's in the box part.

Sorry can't help beyond this.

Alan.

You need to unscrew the top section to reveal a narrower barrel and the eyecup presses onto that.

HTH,

Gary. :smiley:

Aha!!!!!!!!!!

There it is. So essentially you are removing the whole "twist-up" cup section of the EP. Thats sweet because i find twist-up cups can be annoying.

Thanks Gary.

For me personally, there are too many moving parts on the zoom lens. Often in the dark when i think i am turning the zoom clicks, i am actually turning the twist-up cup. That is annoying. Now i FINALLY know how to use the smaller rubber eye ring.................that will really help.

If it is the new Hyperion Mk III, I imagine it is to do with the ability of the eyepiece to go down to 3.5mm below the normal 8mm.

Hi Alan,

Can you clarify this point. When you say it has the ability to go down to 3.5mm, do you mean with nothing extra, or do you mean when used with the Baaader Zoom 2.25x Barlow?

Thanks,

Ian

Hi Alan,

Can you clarify this point. When you say it has the ability to go down to 3.5mm, do you mean with nothing extra, or do you mean when used with the Baaader Zoom 2.25x Barlow?

Thanks,

Ian

The baader zoom with the baader barlow attached becomes a 10.5 - 3.5 zoom.

Gary.

Archived