NLCbanner2024.jpg.2478be509670e60c2d6efd04834b8b47.jpg

Best place for foam/sponge?

Dazzyd

Hi guys

Got myself a case for my eyepieces but need some foam to put into it to (top and bottom) to lay the EPs in. I was thinking about an upholsterer but the sponge tends to be that yellowish stuff out of cushions, what I'd like is some black or dark grey stuff. Any suggestions for possible suppliers? If anyone in the West Mids, or even better, Dudley ish area, know of any specific shops please let me know.

Huge thanks everyone :)

mmmm just checked that ebay seller and noticed they post to N + S America, Europe etc etc but not Ireland. Have I missed something here? Have we left Europe and I've missed it in the news? I thought we were still in Europe becasue we keep asking them for money. :evil:

I don't see how you have excluded Ireland on it's own. They say they ship to Europe, but they also exclude it too!

yeah, i think thats just a blip on thier set up. i bet they post to europe ( ireland) , just drop em a line. the prices are hard to match .

I'm a bit lazy so want the 'pick and pluck' stuff and it seems harder to find. E Foam do it but the squares are an inch across, so a trifle large when you want a few slots to put your filters in individually!! I am after the stuff with 1 cm squares but they only come in huge sheets that are just 40mm thick and I am not sure it will be easy to match up two sheets so that the removal of the squares will be easy. Anyone found any that is thicker? Or somewhere that cuts it to size?

Archived