Banner.jpg.b89429c566825f6ab32bcafbada449c9.jpg

MDF

ObscuredbyClouds

Not sure if im right posting this here, so sorry if mybad.

Right, im after some mdf cuts for my dob base and phoned all places around this area, and holy moly. Disgusting what they are asking for a few bits, oh yerr and two circles (most places didnt cut circles :confused: ).

So im basically asking if any of you guys work with mdf and cut it (hint hint :evil: ) and could possibly fix me up or even maybe the right place to get it done. I know this is the diy section, but i would diy if i had a router and table saw, but i DONT lol, so can anyone help my situation pls.

For diy its horrid stuff make sure you wear dust masks if your working with it...
Agreed, esp. about wearing a dust mask.

It weighs a lot, you can't make strong screw joints to it (though it can be glued satisfactorily), it's abrasive to tools and doesn't like damp.

Personally I'd go with WBP (Water and Boil Proof) Ply or Marine Ply. It's more expensive than MDF or ordinary ply, but is a better match for outside use.

Exterior grade MDF is available from Medite and any builder/timber merchant can get it for you , it's not cheap but it does perform very well if you follow the guidelines . I've used it for years without a problem or any comebacks.

post-21219-0-06565300-1340998767_thumb.j

post-21219-0-25223700-1340998792_thumb.j

post-21219-0-68221900-1340998819_thumb.j

post-21219-0-52498100-1340998841_thumb.j

Just like most things these days , don't skimp on the prep.

Archived